College Nostalgia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Salamanca
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Melissa and I are in Salamanca, a great college town where Spain´s oldest University is and it is making me want to be in College again. The city is so alive with culture and young, idealistic college kids, its great. We got in yesterday from Oveido and had to search pretty hard for a hostel...everything was booked for the weekend...this place is bustling with students and visitors and its easy to see why...ITS BEAUTIFUL...the University buildings and Cathedrals are all made of sandstone (knowledge thanks to my geologist companion 😊) and at night they are all lit up and it looks amazing. Plaza Mayor is the center of the city and it seems to always be FULL of people. Mel and I just finished having drinks on the Plaza, just sitting and soaking up the sun and doing one of my favorite things--people watching--for an hour or so. Last night we found a great bar in the center of town called Erasmus and watched the big Real Madrid v. Barcelona futbol game...it was great...these people love their soccer. We are on to Toledo tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



2nd April 2006

Keep having fun and be safe. I Still want to hear about all your adventures!
10th April 2006

futbol!
ahh you got to see the big rivals, in a bar with the espanoles... how exciting! I remember watching them play about this time last year. keep livin in up sarah. My old chorus director is living in Salamanca this year and started a children's choir there, to help make Salamanca the cultural capital like it used to be a long time ago. I'm so happy for her. venga, hata luego

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb