Half way there!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » León
September 11th 2009
Published: September 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola from Carrion de los Contes
So many days and I am having problems knowing exactly where I am! Yes after three days of hard wlaking chick and I are now in the lovely town of carrion (etc). We have walked 90kms in the last three days... all of them very different with just the heat, the long dry stretches in common!

We left Burgos early and walked for many kms before reaching alittle vilage we thought we would enjoy for the night. Alas, so did many others before us so of course we walked on.... for another 10 kms. This last 10kms almost killed us. We had entered the meseta.. hot, dry and rather flat! At 3.00pm after 32 kms we entered Honturas and found a bed for the night. Thank heavens! We met another 3 Aussies... would you believe they had once lived in Glenhaven!!!! (Dad and his son and daughter). It was greta catching up and needless to say we have seen them at some point each day since then.

Yesterday was another hard walk.., again because of the heat and the long hard surface. The wind keeps the temp. donw a little but walking so far isn´t easy. But we found heaven yesterday afternoon.. we walked into Boadilla, a very non-descript little village with a church and not much more and then we found the albergue...an oasis amongst the nothingness of Boadilla. It had a pool!!!!!!! Yes I knoew there was a reason for carrying my cossie and sarong all this way! (Now I need to find a reason for the gloves!) No matter we had a ball. .. a wonderful cooliong, cleansing swim, sunbake etc,. the vino tasted so good. Needless to say the hospitalero and his wife were superb hosts and we enjoyed our stay immensely.

Today was another early start with the reward of a lovely town now for the evening, meeting of more Australians and the internet!!!! A total of 90kms over three days means we are a day ahead of our supposed schedule so all´s good.

The walk across the meseta is proving more interesting than we thought but it is a meditative time so there´s also lots of time to thin about home, life and what lies ahead.

As you enjoy the weekend we are enjoying Friday evening and I ma quietly celebrating the fact that I have walked half of my days (17 in total so far) and am almost half way in distance in Santiago .... very hard to believe some times.

To all my teacher friends, I hope you can enjoy your last few weeks of term.

I am off to enjoy a vino tinto to celebrate another fabulos day!
Buen camino in your own way!
Karen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb