Take time to smell the roses!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
September 13th 2009
Published: September 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola!
Each day´s walk provides another opportunity for much thinking... hence today´s title.

I can´t hlep but observe how many beautiful roses are grown here in Spain. And yes, one does become a little philosopical as each day wears on but I am sure that it part of this whole Camino experience.

We often through this cliche: take time to smell the roses, around at one another especially if one is stressed or seems time poor. I must admit that a lot of yesterday´s walk was spent being meditative and I realised just how important it is for all of us to take time out of our busy schedules to really appreciate all that we have in our lives.

If you think about smelling a rose... a most pleasing-to-the-eye flower, we need to close our eyes, take a deep breath and take in the rose´s perfume. All to often its that moment when we enjoy its perfume that a smile appears on our face and we feel ...happy, content, at ease and certainly pleased. By taking that one moment to enjoy this experience we are at one with ourselves and the stress of all else is shed.

No, I have not had any of the daily dose of vino tinto... but I have had many hours to appreciate such small things and to know and understand what being in the moment really means. I hope you can find one moment in your busy day today to stop and experience that small joy of "smelling the roses".

Here endeth my thought for the day!!!!


And for your daily update: we are just two days walk out of Leon... another large city of this part of the world. The walking through the meseta has continued to be somewhat challenging. Chick has blister problems although she is trong and is certainly very stoic. The days continue to be hot although the mornings are now getting much cooler and make walking at a good pace much easier. The distances between places are somewhat of a tyranny as accommodation each night is not always readily available. Eg today we literally got the last two beds available in the hostel... the alburgue is overflowing: 70 people instead of 48 with many on mattresses or just the floor. Chick and I both believe that we have a wonderful guardian angel looing after us.


Lots of love to everyone... buen dai!

PS: Pat I will keep a look out for you in Leon... well done with your wlaking. Buen camino!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb