Burgos


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
June 1st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

First and foremost Burgos will be known for the amazing job Mike did on getting our rental car out of the parking garage; but I am getting ahead of myself

We got up and tried to minimize our travel time and get to Burgos in good time. Got what we thought was close to the hotel, and Lynn jumps out of the car disappeared into the maze of streets. This could be a fiasco in the making, so I found a parking space and tried to follow her. Fortunately, I saw her as she entered the hotel. They gave us a code for the gate permitting us to get to the hotel. (Mike likes to point out we could have arrived sooner if we had taken a little roadway labeled for pedestrians he pointed out from his I-phone, but I refused to take. We were in fact allowed to use this walkway as our hotel was in the historical district.)

After getting settled, we started looking for some place that was open and stopped for the first course of evening tapas and beer/wine. The lady owner was a delightful host and worked with our broken spanish. Following dinner we walked the streets and we came to the palace where Phillip the Handsome died in 1504. And then we came across a beautiful park/pedestrian way and stopped for drinks and olives. The sidewalks were lined by gorgeous pollarded sycamores. There was also a bookfair, and Ruth enjoyed finding a cute children's book in spanish for Caitlin's little one we were expecting mid-August.

After all the strolling, we couldn't resist the 1 euro tapa place we came across, giving us some rest on our quest to find the pilgram's hospital. We finally succeeded, but unsuccessfully found a place for evening dessert.

We were tired and Mike needed to get a good nights rest before getting our car out of the garage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb