Torre de Vella


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Cantabria
June 28th 2011
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Grenoble not really knowing where we would finish up and that makes all the more interesting. We were the only ones in the dining room. Food was plentiful and we made sure we had a good breakfast. The Tom Tom was set up for Spain and at about 9.30 a.m. we left Grenoble. We were soon on the, minor road to Perpignon. One of the bigger places we would go through on the way to the Spanish border. We don't think we ever went through more round about as this day. France really likes those. At some places they were there every two kilometres. We were lucky for it was Sunday and again no or hardly any truck traffic. But you do have the farmers that move their heavy equipment around on these small country roads. But you do see the area much better through this, you not sitting on those high speeds going from A to B. Slowing down behind the Farmers and Church going people opens the opportunity to see the beautiful south of France. It is a beautiful country, no doubt about it. The scenery is changing all the time from Grape growing to Sun flowers to Fruit trees and back to the Grapes. When you approach the mountain it changes all again. The greatest handicap is to go through those small villages with the narrow streets, you would expect to be one way. No half way through, you have to creep very slowly passed the wall of a house, that already is there for hundreds of years. So much to see and everything is a picture post card. We found a nice shady place close to an old cemetery where we found time to have a picnic lunch. Not for to long for we had no place to sleep yet. We looked for that around 16.00 p.m. Big advert told us there was a Hotel with restaurant. It looked old but than most buildings are old here. We gave it a go, we went inside to find a manager, that turned out t be a woman. Trying to explain what we wanted took some time but She understood and ushered us upstairs to a room with a double bed that had not seen light for God knows how long. Liz went inside and I studied her face while She did. I could see that it was no good. I could smell a sort of toilet odour that seem to come from the build in shower toilet area. We exchanged looks and that was enough to walk out. The Manager also noticed that we were not impressed with what she had to offer. Back to the drawing board to find something better. And we did, somehow. Not real better but better. It looked like a Spanish Hacienda, and being both tired we just took the room. Very cheap so you don't expect to much. The shower cubical was that small if you and you do, washed your feet you had to open the shower door. Liz had dropped her soap and the language come out of this cubical was not nice. We did not sleep that well that night also due to an extremely hot night and no air-conditioning what so ever. A choir of cicadas We both were very early up but had to wait for breakfast till 8.a.m. Lucky the girl that serves the breakfast was there and set out an table. So we got away a lot earlier. That was good. Not to far away now from the Spanish border. Here you go again we were through there before we knew and drove on Spanish roads. A lot wider than the French counterpart. The Tom Tom took us to the place that was offered so generously by Carla & Hans and greatly excepted. We easily found the place and it did not take long to get installed. Bye for now Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb