Santander, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Cantabria » Santander
June 29th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

June 28, 2008

Santander, Spain

A few hours on the road through S.W. France and into northern Spain and we arrived at Santander, Spain on the North coast of Spain on the Atlantic Ocean. Another nice drive on good roads and a great variety of scenery from farmland to mountain passes.

Santander is a very nice resort area with a huge, very nice, beach and at this time of year it is getting busy as expected. We took a short walk to the beach and stopped at the local Casino to donate a few euros to the local economy. This is a great place for kids with lots of the usual beach things to do and see.

The last part of the drive follows the coast with some very nice seascapes. We didn’t see the coast as much as we would have liked as we traveled mostly on the freeway. Freeways are great but if you want to see anything or take a picture you have to get onto the smaller roads and highways.

Brief overnight stop in Santander but from what we saw it is the kind of place we would come back to and do some relaxing.

On the road again tomorrow with a 5 hour drive to Northern Portugal and the home of PORT wine, Porto, Portugal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0978s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb