TENEREIFE, CANARY ISLANDS


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands
November 20th 2017
Published: November 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

TENERIFE CANARY ISLANDS
Today we are in Santa Cruz de Tenerife in the Canary Islands of Spain. The weather is gorgeous in the 70’s sunny and with low humidity. It is the largest of the islands with a population of 700,000 and after Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea has the 3rd largest volcano in the world from sea floor to peak'Mt.Teide. We passed Calatrava’s opera house which we remembered from a previous visit and left Santa Cruz for our first stop, the market in San Cristobal de Laguna at an elevation of 2000 feet. We bought cookies with molten chocolate filling. Yum.Then we headed for the Anaga mountain range and forest with beautiful overlooks of craggy mountains and the volcanoes in the distance and climbed to 3000 feet. Our destination was the tiny village of Taganana just above the coast as we dropped down from the craggy cliffs on a very tortuous mountain road. We stopped for local wine, olives, bread and goat cheese and our own cookies in a restaurant on the shore by a topless beach. before climbing back up the mountains to head back to Santa Cruz and our ship. Tomorrow we are going to Santa Cruz de La Palma on the Island of La Palma in the Canaries which will be a new island for us.



(I AM STILL NOT ABLE TO POST MORE THAN ONE PICTURE AT A TIME. THIS IS MOST ANNOYING. I EVEN WENT TO SPEAK TO THE COMPUTER SPECIALIST TO NO AVAIL. HE WAS STUMPED BUT INTRIGUED)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb