Tenerife


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Los GigantesLos GigantesLos Gigantes

The cliffs of Los Gigantes (The Giants)
Tenerife is great if you like a fun in the sun holiday. Having already been to Lanzorote I much preferred Tenerife for entertainment. You can have as much or as little as you like.
Loro Parque is an absolute must visit, it's not like your traditional zoo as it's more show based so plan your day carefully around the shows to make sure you see them all. I didn't like the parrots too much as they didn't seem to want to do the show but the Dolphins and Whales were excellent and the sea lions were extremely entertaining and funny.
Aqualand was also a very attractive day out, even if you don't like the water rides too much there are sun beds for hire while the kids run around and also a dolphin show which I thought was better than Loro Parque's show. It is well worth hiring inflatables or you will have to stand around for ages waiting. Siam Park opened just after we left so I suspect that this is more popular than Aquapark now.
We went to Mount Tiede up in the cable cars. The scenery was stunning but take a jumper, sensible footwear and wear trousers as
Mount TiedeMount TiedeMount Tiede

Mount Tiede
it is cold up there. I was climbing over ice! It's amazing the difference in temperature.
We went on the Freebird one out to Los Gigantes and saw wild Dolphins swimming in the sea. Be warned though if you are not good at sea this won't be good for your sea sickness!
Be wary of timeshare cons, people selling tickets in the street and watch and sunglasses sellers. If you go out clubbing things in Playa de las Americas don't really get going until after 12am at least and head to starcos. Tramps is the place to be after 3am. I would go with the people asking you to go in their bars as they will get you the best deal on drinks. If you wonder into a place without them expect to pay a little bit more.
I would definately go again even if it was just to try out Siam Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Mount TiedeMount Tiede
Mount Tiede

Mount Tiede
AqualandAqualand
Aqualand

Aqualand
Dolphins at AqualandDolphins at Aqualand
Dolphins at Aqualand

Dolphin show at Aqualand
Penguins at Loro ParquePenguins at Loro Parque
Penguins at Loro Parque

Penguins at Loro Parque
WhalesWhales
Whales

Whale at Aqualand
Sea LionsSea Lions
Sea Lions

Sea Lion show at Loro Parque
Watch sellerWatch seller
Watch seller

There are millions of men wondering the streets trying to sell you watches and sunglases
Medieval CastleMedieval Castle
Medieval Castle

Medieval night


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb