Tenerife - Valentines & Birthday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
February 16th 2019
Published: February 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Thursday was Valentine day and the entrance to the main restaurant was decorated with plenty of red balloons. As we entered for our evening meal all the ladies were presented with a beautiful red rose and a complimentary glass of champagne was offered to all guests.



It always amazes us that after a busy day of 'doing nothing' that we feel quite tired so it was another early night after an enjoyable meal followed by a nightcap with easy listening music in the bar.



Friday, we woke early and opened the curtains to find that the skies were quite grey, the wind was pretty strong too, but it didn't take long for the sun to come out although the wind continued to blow for most of the day.



Usually by 9am there are a few people setting up camp around the pool areas but today it was quiet. Yesterday I took part in the water arobics session, which was fun, but today there wasn't a session so I chose to take a stroll instead for my bit of exercise.



There is a wide esplanade immediately outside the hotel but it's not the prettiest of walks. A rocky shoreline with black pebbles, "Kiss me Quick" type souvenir shops and plenty of cafes that all seem to be offering English style food - The sun is shining the temperature is warm and it is an easy stroll.



Nothing much other than relaxing & reading for the rest of the day.



Saturday - a lovely surprise on my birthday this morning , our dear friends had booked a last minute trip & are now in Tenerife.



We enjoyed catching up over lunch, sitting in the sunshine, usually at this time of the year we have our catchups sitting in a warm pub or restaurant so it was great to be eating al fresco together.



A relaxing spa treatment for my birthday. Thankyou David xx



Pre-dinner bubbly, compliments of the hotel before our meal in the Culinarium restaurant - a set menu with a small supplement but well worth it to be served a beautifully presented 5 course meal.

I think we will be back just a shame it is only open 2 nights a week!

End to perfect day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb