Is it cannibalism if a Filipino eats a Filipino?


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Lanzarote
December 28th 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.9264, -13.7933I had a horrible nightmare last night. I dreamed that a giant cockroach crawled into bed with me. I was terrified. But then it became a blissful dream - it turned out that it was a giant female Spanish cockroach. It began tenderly caressing me, gently nibbling on me with its mandibles, and whispering sweet nothings to me in a sexy, sultry, southern Spanish accent. But th... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

tt
t

Interior of the lookout. Can you say "seduction"?
t2t2
t2

Sitting at the Mirador, I smiled to myself because I imagined how many Spanish women I could seduce ... uh ... I mean ... befriend ... if I owned a place like this.
vv
v

This sign was about the same size as last night's giant cockroaches.
ww
w

Inside the Jameos de Agua - the entrance to the women's washroom. As a good friend, I stopped Ben from walking into it. However, a better friend would have said nothing, waited for the screams below, then snapped a photo of an embarrassed Ben as he ran up the stairs. I wish I was a better friend.
xx
x

Those bright little dots are a unique species of crab that I believe only exist here. They actually have signs saying not to throw coins in because it can kill them. But it said nothing about using it as a bathroom, so that's what I did. Hey, if they didn't want me to do that they would have given clearer instructions, right?
yy
y

The Jameos would be a pretty cool place to have a wedding, no?
zz
z

Inside the Cesar Manrique foundation. This is too cool. Many great artists are inspired by the masters that preceded them, or by mother nature. The more I see of Manrique's work, the more I realize that he was inspired by seducing women. And living in a land of Spanish beauties - who could blame him?
zaza
za

Imagine having a lava field as your backyard? One definite benefit would be that you'd never have to mow anything. Another would be that any time you showed this to a woman, they would say "Oops! I think my bra just popped off!"
zbzb
zb

An area of his house that was more nightclub than living space.
zczc
zc

Between the pool, the volcanic tubes, the lava field, and this BBQ - this was the perfect place to seduce ... uh ... I mean ... entertain ... guests.
zdzd
zd

I took this picture because I thought the men's/women's bathroom signs were funny. But looking at them now, I have no idea why I thought they were funny.
zd2zd2
zd2

An exhibit at the Cesar Manrique Foundation - I thought this picture of Ben was pretty funny. The expression on his face almost says "Finally ... the voices inside my head all make sense ..."
zd3zd3
zd3

It's now a tradition - anytime we see a cactus, we need to honour the memory of John's cactus fruit grabbing incident in Arcos, Spain.
zmzm
zm

It looks like Ha's hair is possessed in this photo.
zm2zm2
zm2

Ben, passing out on the ferry ride back to Corralejo. Have you ever seen the movie "The Rock", and the part where they inject adrenaline directly into the heart? Well the only way to wake up Ben is to do that, but instead of a syringe full of adrenaline, it's full of espresso.
zqzq
zq

Back in Corralejo - a pen with the name "Ben" on it, and the famous "Filipinos" brand cookies. Why are they famous? I saw these in Spain the first time, and lugged them halfway across Spain for Ben. But then he only ate one of them, and threw away the rest because he said they tasted like @ss! I didn't realize it at the time, but apparently there was a big uproar in the Philippines because many were offended that the people were equated with a crappy cookie. Here's a link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos_%28snack_food%29
zszs
zs

The starter was chorizo in cider - not very good. The sausage was hard, and had a bad flavour (too smokey).
zs2zs2
zs2

There was also a cured meat platter - there was some miscommunication as we expected assorted meats, but it was just cured beef (carpaccio-like). It was a little too much like beef jerky.
zwzw
zw

I had the calamari, served in its own ink. It was a little too salty and rich, but the crappy-looking rice accompanying it was surprisingly good.
zw2zw2
zw2

I ate all of Ha's leftover fried garlic chicken pieces. It's flavour tasted almost Chinese ... perhaps it was the lovely flavour of dirty oil? There were also fried slivers of garlic - one of my faves (tastes good, garlic is good for you, and it'll keep the vampires away!).
zw3zw3
zw3

Ben's Asturian stew was pretty flavourful and tender. But I feel sorry for him - like a man swatting the flies away from his food, he always has to swat my tongue away from his.



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb