Day 11 Saturday Baywatch and WiFi


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Gran Canaria
January 30th 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today the Canarian News said there was supposed to be a Second Hand Market in the grounds of the Faro 2 Commercial Centre, unfortunately when we got there, it didn’t seem to exist, so instead we walked to San Fernando to take a look at the Municipal Market only to find that it contained the identical stalls to the one we visited in Puerto de Mogan on Friday.

On our way out we spoke to one of the Thomson Holiday Reps and enquired about jobs. Unfortunately she told us that whilst they used to be able to hire “in resort” all recruitment now had to go through the UK and although she let us know if she heard of anything she was not particularly optimistic other than the prospect of selling timeshares we have both discounted.

On the upside we finally discovered that WiFi is available at the hotel reception, when I say reception I do mean reception and you do need to be within about 5 foot of the desk to receive a signal but we do finally have a connection to the outside world and in addition just in case you thought I’d forgotten last night I dreamt of some Baywatch girls.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb