Day 12 Sunday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Gran Canaria
January 31st 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Since Sunday is supposed to be day of rest that’s exactly what we did. Dee spent the day making a beaded necklace, drawing and reading and I spent the day catching up on emails and finally witting this Blog.

Today was also the start of Carnival on the island and I was quite keen to see it. Unfortunately Carnival seems to be centred around the main park in Las Palmas the capital which is at the other end of the island and a long and costly bus ride away. The opening party didn’t begin till 9pm and so we decided that it wasn’t really practical for us to make the trip. In the end it turned out to be just as well since we were woken not long after bedtime by the sound of torrential rain, claps of thunder and flashes of lightening. The storm lasted throughout the night and although it was lovely and I’d love to have been down on the sea shore watching the waves it was a lot warmer and drier being tucked up inside even if we did have a big puddle to sweep up this morning where the water had blown in through the door.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb