BEEACHES...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 23rd 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

sooo nice, but SO hot...got in this morning from barcelona after a HORRID night train...it was like, 100 degrees on the top bunk in our cabin and i couldnt sleep because of it...got in at about 7:45 am, found a hostel with some other guys we met (coincidentally from san jose! andy, maybe you know one of them, he wrestled for Bellarmine?) anyway, then we went and got AMAZING tapas and hung out at the beach all day...it has been NICE to just hang out and not do anything...we have a night train AGAIN tomorrow night to paris, hopefully we dont get the top bunks again, cuz that was so horrible...after that, i have a train to catch to london from paris at 3ish in the afternoon, and then im gonna just hang out in london and sleep in Heathrow, because i dont want to have to deal with getting to my flight to check in at 8 am on wednesday..sorry, im just thinking outloud i guess...

besides that, barcelona was insane!! i ended up staying with the guys at their really nice apartment (super modern interior, it was SO nice!) and we siesta-ed, got tapas for dinner and went out! we went to this chill bar that was really small and local (i.e. no tourists) and then went to some club ebcause we were given VIP passes! it was really fun but i was so tired..i didn´t end up going to sleep until like 5 or 6 am! oh yea, i FINALLY got to go to H&M!! i got two cute dresses and a sweater (yea, what?! a sweater!? it was really cute and unique, so i figured i´d just get it)...and then i got two really cheap sundresses at this little boutique off La Rambla (the main street)...oh yea, i also saw Casa Mila and Casa Battlo (two of Goudi´s buildings)...they were SO crazy looking!!! i got some good pics and good details, so that will be coming soon...it was a lot of fun, just REALLY hot...San Sebastian is hot as well (hot and muggy...suuuper humid) but at least we can go in the water to cool off...the water is sooo nice and beautiful!! i think i still like Capri and Cinque Terre better, but i like that these beaches are sandy, not rocky...way easier to get comfy on the beaches!

anyway, i think thats a pretty good rundown of the last couple days...its been nice to not do as much sight seeing, but more just walking around the streets of Spain and enjoying my last few days in Europe...i can tell im tired...travelling has definitely taken a lot out of me, as i have been doing a lot of the night train thing, along with the hot weather, it has just drained me of my energy...but everything is still amazingly beautiful and i still cant believe i´ve been in europe for a month!! this time, im not sure when ill be writing again, as tomorrow we are going to be taking another night train, and then in the morning ill be in paris and by the early evening ill be in london...and then at that point, ill be at heathrow or something and the next day HOME to LA! yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy....haha, well time for more beach, tonight theres a free jazz festival on the beach so we´re gonna get some wine and go down there for some good fun...apparently our hostel kicks us out at 11 pm and forces you to go out...this town is apparently good fun at night! well, might as well suck it up for another day, because after that its just a whole lotta traveling till i get home...

Advertisement



25th July 2006

i might know him. what's his name?

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb