Petritegi


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
December 13th 2009
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last night we all went out as a group for our final weekend in San Sebastian. We went to the sidreria Petritegi. A sidreria is a type of restaurant famous in Spain where there are huge barrels of sidra (cider) and you eat and then fill your glasses of sidra straight from the tap on the barrel. The food and sidra are unlimited. For a certain fee, you get as much food and sidra as you want. A person just opens the tap and the sidra starts squirting out onto the floor and then people line up and fill their glass with a shot of sidra and gulp it down. However there is a very specific way to filling your cup with sidra. You want to let the stream hit the side of your cup because you want the sidra to be infused with air bubbles. It is a very social atmosphere and people are found at all times just standing around the barrels and talking and having a good time. The food is superb as well. We ate a fried cod omelette with green peppers which was really good. Then they brought out steak and it was just the way i like it, rare. In spain they eat their meat very rare so if you dont like your cow still bleeding i dont know how much you would have liked it. But i thought it was delicious. They also had bread and cheese as well. It was a feast and it was all delicious. When we were all finished and finally went to leave Petritegi we went to the Parte Vieja and hung out with Oier and a group of his friends. But i got a migraine and ended up going home and going to sleep. But the sidreria was a blast and i definately recommend one to anyone planning on traveling to Spain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb