SPAIN-BILBAO-09-1002


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » Bilbao
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Guggenheim Museum
Today was the ride through the Basque Country and the Pyrenees...
Flew to Barcelona yesterday evening, had a good feed of Paella and went to bed....
Arrived in Bilbao today around 1:45 pm...The train ride was quite pleasant, and the scenery was from green and lush, to barren and dry, from red earth to white earth, to the mountainous terrain of the Basque region and to Bilbao...Found the hotel, rested a little and then headed to the Guggenheim Museum, in the center of the city and along the banks of Ria De Bilbao (River)...Bilbao is a very nice city with great shops, pedestrian streets, cafes, and restaurants...The city comes to life after 7:00 pm, where the people gather at the cafes and restaurants for dinner...Most of the restaurants are closed between lunch and dinner...
The parks are packed with children and families enjoying a very tempered weather...
I loved the Museum and the Elegant Calatrava bridge close to it...They definitely add to the character of the city... I sound like such a tourist book writer...
heading to Burgos tomorrow...No San Sebastian...Sigh :-(...Next time...
Instead it is the land of "El-Sid"...will write later...
check out the pics...
M


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

"The Puppy"-Jeff Koons-In front of the Guggenheim
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Guggenheim Museum-View from the Water Garden
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Calatrava Bridge Over Ria Bilbao
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

Plaza Moyua-In the city center


Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb