Mallorca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
June 27th 2011
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

BeachBeachBeach

View from the hotel
Offsite in Spain - Some of the advantages of being in Europe. It was a really nice surprise when I heard that our team is going for a offsite to island of Mallorca in Spain! We were to stay there for 2 nights. It was suppose to be a short chilled relaxing vacation, something I have probably never taken. The highlight was definitely food. We had 2 dinners at fancy places, 3 - 4 course and a different wine with each course. 3rd day we had relaxed lunch at a small local place and that was definitely the best food.

Day 1: It was mostly fly, drive down to hotel, get settled, see hotel's private beach and then off for a fancy dinner. European style, there was wine with every course and there were like 3 - 4 courses. After dinner, we roamed around the closed city a bit, saw a huge church (cathedral I think). I could notice that the architecture was very different from what we had seen in France.

Day 2: We were to go snorkeling. I was really scared as this was not in shallow beach, but in deep waters. It was sure scary at
FoodFoodFood

Local food on 3rd day, it was some kind of vegetable lasagna, delicious
first, but I got hang of it later. Saw some stuff, but I had seen much better in shallow beaches of Hawaii. Lunch at boat was quite good. In the evening we went for fancy French dinner. There was not much for me to eat, but wine was good and they did a good job of preparing something edible for vegetarians.

Day 3: Probably my favourite as it involved a short hike through the island. We went to a high point and from there view of island and sea was just great. After the hike we were treated to a simple local lunch, which was the best of all the fancy food I had eater. Yummy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb