Baregghutte Hike


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West
June 18th 2011
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

An unplanned hike - we were planning to take a break from the hikes this week after having hiked almost each weekend for last 1.5 month. But few of Tulika's office colleagues were driving to Grindelwald and were thinking about doing some short hike. It was by chance that she met them on their way out, and well well we cant refuse a hike. So they packed up, picked me up from my apartment along with all our gear and set out. This was our first and only hike in 2011 for which we went to by a car - so different than the US hikes which all used to start and end in the car. It felt very different as till now I was used to the train/bus to the hikes.

The "short hike" turned out to be at least an hour, but up to BareggHutte. This is the Hut we had read about couple of days back and were going to do a long hut-to-hut. The hike was really beautiful. Tulika noticed a hole in the rock and I didnt believe it at first but then it was apparent from a different angle. There were lot of mountain goats and snow on mountains.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb