Living the Life


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
February 10th 2011
Published: February 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hola Amigos!

Things are still great as ever here in Mallorca. I'm still trying to get completely oriented in the city and if you don't already know when it comes to directions I may be the WORST person alive, but I'm trying to get better here... so far unsuccessfully. But working on it.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Palma there is this thing called "La Ruta" (the route) and its 25 bars who have a tapa and a drink for 2 euro so we did that Tuesday and it was a ton of fun! Lots of small but packed bars with interesting people from all over which is sweet.

Today we went to a town in Mallorca called Soller. Google it if you get the chance. To get there, we took the oldest train in Spain which was absolutely beautiful. Soller is to the north of Palma so we passed through a ton of mountains and cool, older towns which were stunning.

In Soller 3 of my friends from the states and I got so lost and ended up taking an hour and a half walk to the port/beach which could have only been about a 10 minute train ride, but it was fun and worth it cuz it was gorgeous and we drank some yummy sangria. On the way we stopped and asked some random guy for directions... turns out he was from Green Bay so that was crazy. Needless to say he was ecstatic about the Super Bowl win.

Had Paella for the first time. Definitely delicious, but so far not my favorite thing in Spain. I absolutely love the ham and cheese sandwiches here. Sounds so boring but they are served on warm baguettes with ham called jamón serrano which is saltier and way better than the ham we have in the states.

We also stopped at a market in Soller and I got a bag of the best strawberries I have ever tasted in my life. Apparently I'm hungry right now since this entire post has basically been about food haha.

Anyway, I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow we're off to Bellver Castle which if I'm not mistaken is the only round castle in Europe (once again Google it.) Pretty pumped for that.

Hope you guys aren't too chilly back at home 😊

Love you and miss u!



Advertisement



11th February 2011

Hey - come see a VTer in Sta. Ponsa!
Hi there, nice blog :) I run a café in Santa Ponsa, it is called Greenfield's. There are a group of people from the States and Canada who are attending a local college, you would probably love to meet them. It is always nice to talk to people from "home" in Mallorca. Can't believe you met a guy from Green Bay in Soller - how weird is that ? Well, anywy, just sying, if you are ever in Sta. Ponsa would love to meet you, and since we have Wifi you can come up and write :) Take good care - all the best, Susanne http://greenfieldsmallorca.com, fb: greeanfield's eatery & catering mallorca, twitter: greenfieldseats :)

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb