Mallorca - Her true beauty & charm


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
May 17th 2010
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finca Es Castell

One month ago, I could not picture myself on a holiday in Mallorca. When I thought of Mallorca I imagined parties as long as the night would last and baking in the sun on a beach which had more tourists on it than space allowed. Absolutely not what I was looking for, yet, we ended up spending our holidays on the Balearic Islands.

I have the characteristic requiring to know everything before making any big decision, or spend a reasonable amount of money; with for example, my holidays. We were looking for a relaxing holiday, in which experiencing culture and comfort would be the main focus. A party every now and then is fun but as we are not 16 anymore so we didn’t look for all-in party holidays. After surfing the internet for half a day I ended up on ¨Baleares.com¨, where ¨Agrotourism¨ caught my attention. I had never heard of this and thus, looked into it.

¨Agrotourism¨ appeared to be ¨my tourism¨ and after a long search I found a ¨Finca¨ (as they call it there) called Es Castell. Booking was made easy due to Rusticrent´s (the company with which we booked http://www.rusticrent.com) formidable service as they arranged a rental car for us, suggested possible activities and recommended restaurants which were highly rated by the locals.

Once arrived on the airport of Palma de Mallorca the rental car was found and we were on our way to Finca Es Castell.

We fell in love with this Finca at first sight at Es Castell. It seemed as if time had stood still here. There we stood, in the middle of mountains overwhelmingly big, of nature incredibly immense, at a Finca which send a magically relaxing atmosphere.

At Finca Es Castell we spend our days here relaxing in the sun by the swimming pool or terrace, hiking through the untouched nature surrounding the Finca, eating at the small, but ¨typical¨ Spanish restraints, exploring the island and of course, simply enjoying the beautiful natural landscape.

After having enjoyed our way to short week at Finca Es Castell to the fullest and sort of speak ¨recharged our battery¨ for a while, we had to go back to Holland, to look forward to returning to the Balearic Islands..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb