Mallorca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca » Palma
September 12th 2015
Published: October 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mallorca


Sea, Sun and Sangria.



This 3S play amazing role in a trip to Mallorca. Let's start one by one.

If you decide to go to Mallorca, which is a largest island of the Balearic Islands, part of Spain and located in Mediterranean Sea, you do expect to see incredible views and landscapes, believe me - you won't be disappointed.

Flight London Gatwick→ Palma Majorca - 1 hour 50 minutes and you are landing in a third largest airport in Spain after the Madrid and Barcelona airports, which is located 8km from Palma. It is useful to know that if you rent a car from local agency, you may end up travelling an hour to their office, but the good thing in renting a car in Spain - is full insurance, so you don't need to be worry about anything.

Sea

My advice for travellers - don't stay at the same place, rent a car, take a bus,taxi, train - whatever, because the sea is so different in each place you go.

It can be a nice, quit beach in a village, where you can stay on your own whole day.

It can be a stunning see view from Cap de Formentor - most northerly point of island with a cliffs 400m tall and to get there you will need to drive through twisty corners, with a many excellent photo opportunities.

Or it can be world-famous es de Trenc with a crystal clear water, area of dunes and golden sand, it's been unofficial nudist beach for many years, if you are looking for this type of adventures.

Sun

Usually summer season experiences plenty of rainfall and a good period of sunshine. It starts in June and continues its journey till September.Some days can be very windy and cloudy, but during the summer period you won't feel it in a bad way, as a temperature is high. Even in a hot sunny day humidity remains low as a coastal area receives a cooling breeze.

In a cloudy day you will always find something interesting to do in Mallorca. One of this things is - Valdemossa. Traditional town with narrow street, surrounded by forested hills where olive and almond trees are grown. You definitely need to go hiking here, on you way you can meet wild goats, which are wandering the area.

Sangria

You've probably heard about Megaluf with a crazy tourists-students and whole night parties. I can say everything about that is true, but mainly during summer holiday period. Out of this time Megaluf is a town with a long beach and thousands of bars, restaurants and night clubs where you can spend evening with a cocktail or traditional drink from Spain - Sangria, it normally consist of red wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener and a small amount of added brandy - great refreshment after a long day chilling on one of gorgeous part of Spain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb