Nagai


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza
August 8th 2011
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

WhiteWhiteWhite

First Garden Party, August 15th, 2011
Last blog, I was leaving for Africa and the World Cup giving footballs and smiles....

Many moons later, Africa is a whole lifetime away...

That trip is chronicled in another place...footballsmiles.wordpress

Now it is another journey and project that is making me smile, all the while cherishing the old that remains active in my life.

This time it is with the added pleasure of roots and fantasy, food and music in paradise!

Let me share a little vision with you and introduce you to...


Nagai




On the island of Ibiza, where I grew up, I have found a where to do what and with who...coming full circle from when I set out on this adventure nearly four years ago.

Are you ready?

This is where everything I have learnt in my life gets put to the test and the challenge is met daily with enthusiasm, apprehension and continued energy...

Turning a dream into reality is hard work!

So, here goes the vision:

Step into Nagai's garden of life and discover total entertainment...

Taste a never-ending flow of delicious Japanese and Fusion delicacies tantalizingly enriched with rivers of the world's finest vodka...Pravda!

The all you can eat and open bar offer guarantee satisfaction and we want to go even further with our feast for the senses...

"...In the midst of the heat of the Summer, I walked into a dream place and was immediately transported into a world where everyone was dressed in white and smiling, food appeared from out of thin air, preceded by the captivating aromas of ancient scents and skillfully combined spices.

The buds sent into overdrive as each bite unfolded hidden layers of flavour.

The feel of frozen, smooth and rich vodka cooling, rinsing and preparing for the next round of delectable surprises.

During this introduction and overload of the senses, I was oblivious of my surroundings and only in a lull did my ears pick up the wafting tunes of Muriel's Jazz Quartet and her melodic voice...another unforgettable moment as each blast of her sax brought the words to mind and I was hopelessly drawn into her magical piper spell.

Thankfully, another plate of food arrived, delicate yet so enticing that I could react and reach for it...Again, a shot of frozen Pravda was the cue to explore the garden a bit more...

This time, I stopped in awe, my eyes could not believe the tricks!

The whole building had changed shape, covered in designs and lights, was it a magical effect of modern technology or was it the combination of food, music and drink creating a new reality?

As I rubbed my eyes, my ears became aware of a change of vibration in the air...the jazz had given way to the creations of Radio Sonica dj's, Igor and Karlos spinning the discs to unveil another layer of the garden of White surprises!

The purple gem of the myriad Pravda bottles shining in the all-white garden, benevolently blessing the party and the rays highlighting the unsuspected corners where body and object control performers showed their skills...a lesson in how reality is what you make of it! How can two rings turn into a butterfly so real that you want to catch it?

Occasionally, between nibbles of perfume and swigs of elixir, I believed I saw a Geisha or a Samurai or even a white Ninja pass by, but, I was perhaps dreaming...

All of a sudden, with the dessert, the softest, most unusual semi-freddo's around, the garden turned into Wally's World and all stops were out and the body was called into action as the inhibitions were gone with the last bite of sweet heaven!

As I looked up, I noticed the moon beaming down, reflecting the splendour of the evening and all those people in white, drinking and eating and making merry...Long live the Summer!

Long live Nagai (which, incidentally, means longevity)!

This dream party is going to become a reality next monday!

See you here...

Traveling spirit, living the adventure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



9th August 2011

Nagai
Definitely reason to visit next year when I am (hopefully) in Europe for a summer visit! So proud of you!
9th August 2011

Larga vida a Nagai pues!
Sigues escribiendo y describiendo de lujo. Por un momento he conseguido trasladarme y sentir ese maravilloso lugar construido desde el esfuerzo y el corazón! Gracias Melchior y Gracias Nagai por existir
9th August 2011

Perfect !
Always nice to read your stuff. NAGAI is a Great place with everything well done. ...enjoyed the Fashion Show the other night. LOVE, SmilaZ * SmilaZ is the creator and designer of the Fashion-parasols; 'raw elegance' personal bambooCraft SHADE Luxuries, which you can find see and follow on facebook: 'raw elegance' by SmilaZ
11th August 2011

RIGHT OOOON !
got totally transported there to the real or fantasy Nagai , living the dream is what we came here for beautiful brother , would love to have a Pravda with you at this amazing sounding and looking perfect Balearic dwelling that Ibiza needs ! BlessBliss the cocktails and bring on the music, Melchior , be the king you are , much love from Amsterdam , shanti

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb