Night life in Sevilla (or is 6am considered day life?)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
May 26th 2005
Published: May 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Berlin BarBerlin BarBerlin Bar

I´m assuming that´s the name of this place.
Our bus from Lisbon came to Sevilla at 5 am. We had to get accross town to the Prado San Sebastian Bus station which is where the buses to Granada depart from. We asked Caroline and Audrey, couple of French girls we met on the bus if they knew how we could get there. Caroline has been studying in Sevilla since last September and Audrey was her friend from back home who came to visit her. Caroline told us how we could get to the Prado station but that station didn´t open till 6am and there were no buses to Granada till at least 7am. Since she knew the city like the back of her hand she offered to take us to one of the bars that was still open from last night, it was 5 am and I was a bit skeptical but we had nothing better to do so we followed them through a maze of narrow streets and back alleys. We came to a building with no windows and solid wood doors with a man standing outfront, he opened the doors and let us in and to my surprise I saw a bar packed full. We could barely
6 am6 am6 am

Can you beleive this place
squeeze in, we found a place to stand and ordered a few drinks. Caroline told us that we had to try the rum-miel shot, it´s rum mixed with honey, it was sweet and smooth, just don´t spill any it´s wicked sticky. We stayed there till 6:30, and the place was even more full then when we came in. The girls then walked us out to the street that Prado SS was on and we took a cab there. We had to wait till 8:00 for the first bus to Granada so we crashed on the steel benches and caught a few Z´s. If we wanted we could have stayed at that bar, Berlin, till 10 am which is their last call.

That´s Spanish Night/Day life for ya...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Caroline and AudreyCaroline and Audrey
Caroline and Audrey

Thanks girls, we would have never found this place without you.


30th December 2005

About Alfalfa
I'm italian and I can't speak a good english so I'll try to describe what I saw in Seville. I was there in 2003-2004 as erasmus student and it was fantastic...I could find a lot of places where spanisch people make "botellon" (for example in viapol square): a sort of no-organized meeting of guys who bring with them some bags with glasses, ice and bottles of alcolic drinks..You can buy alcol until the 11 ("open corr" shops closing at 3 am) and after you can go to alfalfa square, the centre of a net of small streets near Santa Marìa la blanca. There are different bars (Nao, Cabo Loco, Espuela, Berlìn..)so you can meet a lot of people from all countries and enjoy your night: in the week-end you can stay there until 10 am in the best place of Seville, the "bar berlìn". Its atmosfear is really really special and the waiters wery nice. You must look with your eyes. When is spring or summer you can go to the River Guadalquivir or "parque Libano" where there are a lot of "chiringuitos" y bares de copas". You have to see "la velà de santa ana" too: it's a event in the city (in july), a sort of small "feria de abril" but more funny. Have a good holiday!
2nd January 2006

bar berlin, the best place ever !!! see u there !!!
20th July 2006

Bar Berlin in Sevilla
Dude, this bar rocks. All of the other "more normal" bars close at around 0200 but Bar Berlin stays open indefinitely. Kind of a wierd place and tough to find. It's behind a pretty significant square. Anyway, it might kind of be a gay bar on some nights but its hard to tell since everyone is partying so hard. It IS the after hours hangout in Seville.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb