Sevilla part 1 (i hope


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
August 27th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sevilla part 1 (I hope)
Sevilla was quick and easy. I was only using it as a pit stop on my way to Valencia. As usual I got in late, and had no where to stay. I go to a café use their WIFI and book a place. Walk around the town for 1-2 hours, shower and crash. The city was nice, the shopping district reminded me of Rodeho drive in Beverly Hills just more natural and not as fake-ly developed. When looking up in the shopping neighborhood I stared at the sky and it was pitch black. It felt like I was in a Las Vegas casino. Which makes me think, there is every other themed hotel in Las Vegas, but not a Spanish one. Vegas needs a place for tapas and hot Spanish woman dealing black jack.
I wake up and start my train trip to Valencia with a planned 3-7 hour layover in Madrid.
While in Madrid I choose to make it a 7 hour layover. The city was really nice. I get off the train, head to the metro and ask a Spaniard at the metro map while pointing “donde esta bueno para touristo” That translates to “where is good for tourist”. I am sure it sounds even worse in Spanish than English but it got the job done. I get off at the Sol stop which is a square with 5 or 6 different streets to choose to go down. I randomly choose one and find myself at the opera house, royal palace, main square, and some fashionable streets then head off to the main city park- Retiro park. The weather was great and I take a siesta in the park then head to the crystal palace which is a building on a pond in the park made all of glass with 1 art exhibit in it that is a slide. I leave and find myself at the congressional building, walk another hour or 2 and head back to the train station for Valencia.
As part of my MO- I have no where to sleep once I get to Valencia. I do have a hotel for the next 2 nights but not that night because I left Lagos a night earlier than needed. I try to stay up for an all nighter because I can check into my hotel at 10am. I gave up around 4am and grab a room at the hotel for the night. Before giving up I checked my bags at the hotel, changed clothes and went out to bars and clubs. Really fun city. I look forward to sleep and then waking up and hanging out at the ocean which is a 30 min walk or 5 min metro ride away.
I rise and repeat for the next day. Wake up, go to the ocen then to the bars that night. Stay out really late and prepare for the food fight the next day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb