All About Bull


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
October 14th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So I met up with my new friend, Varty (Armenian). She is super easy going and smart (graduated Penn in 3 years followed by law school). We went for a typical Spanish breakfast - bread and ham. We walked through the main area towards the bullfighting ring. I really wanted to see a fight; however they are only on Sunday. I couldn’t convince my mom to go last Sunday and this Sunday we will be in a small town… so I don’t think it will happen! Anyhow, we got a tour of the fighting ring, the history and explanations of where bull fighting originated from in the museum. The first American question of the day was ‘what do you do with the bulls once they are killed?’ The guide said, ‘we eat the bull of course!’ She said her favorite part is the tail of the bull. Following the tour we asked where can we taste some of the tail? We were directed around the corner. The place she told us to go to wasn’t serving cooked food yet. We decided to take a risk on an empty but really interesting looking restaurant. What a good idea. We ordered bull’s tail. The waiter blew us kisses. He brought us amazing fresh bread and bread crisps. Green olives, olive oil and vinegar were served. This was supposed to be a small snack… turned into a feast! The bull’s tail came out. To be honest, it tasted like braised beef. It was cooked in a delicious brown sauce and fell apart to pieces. YUM! One of the best treats I have had so far on my trip. The waiter must have been after my heart as he told us (showed us as he didn’t speak a word of English) to dip the bread in the sauce. Both of us were super excited as to how good this was. If you ever see Cola De Toro on a menu in Spain, give it a go.

Following our unexpected feast, we decided to take a boat cruise around the city. It was a waste as both of us fell asleep on the boat - LOL. Overall, it was an excellent day. As the hostel had a full kitchen, we decided to cook dinner. I did a pretty crappy job of cooking as it was packed with other people trying to cook. Oh well… the bull’s tail made up for the perfect meal of the day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb