Pais de Sol


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
October 27th 2005
Published: October 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Some photos today for you. The shopkeeper here has given us the 10 minute warning, so not much time for me to write.

We are in Seville, but this morning in Granada Sherry and I toured the Alhambra Palace and it was absolutely amazing! Pictures to come soon.

Apologies for butchering yet another language. I think I titled the last entry Buenas Dias, but that´s not right. Dia, or day, even though it ends in a vowel, is a masculine noun and so the correct phrase is 'Buenos Dias', or good day.

More soon,

-Cory


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Swiss Cow BellsSwiss Cow Bells
Swiss Cow Bells

Bells are/were a status symbol. Larger communicates more wealth for a dairy farmer.
Bernese AlpsBernese Alps
Bernese Alps

Alps viewed from above the village of 'Zimmerwald' where we stayed at Novit and Bianca's. There are 3 famous, large peaks all in a row. Eiger, Monch, and the Jungfrau. These are the monster, monk (protecting the virgin) and the virgin.
Statue of the ChildeaterStatue of the Childeater
Statue of the Childeater

Childeater statue in old town of Bern. This is apparently an old story that parents tell their children. Essentially, behave or be eaten by this guy...
Crazy 'bout FussballCrazy 'bout Fussball
Crazy 'bout Fussball

Thun is a city close to Bern, small city. They have a soccer team called FC Thun that has made an unlikely rise to the top Swiss league, and based on their performance are in the Champions League this season. Town is absolutely crazy for them. Thís is in a bakery window. Similar displays were everywhere. The sign that says ´stade Thun´ is kind of a joke. They´re playing their games in berns stadium, called ´stade Swiss´ (?). Basically, these fans are annexing it for the Thun team.
Renoir LivesRenoir Lives
Renoir Lives

I can´t be sure, but I think this is a campy homage to cinema that involves my famous impressionist painter, (also my favorite ESRI development project code name).
Alps viewed from ThunAlps viewed from Thun
Alps viewed from Thun

Well, I talked all about the beautiful scenery, but as it always seems to happen, none of our photos really show you what we saw. Still, this is a good one...
(Alp)ine Valley(Alp)ine Valley
(Alp)ine Valley

Near the open air museum we toured.


27th October 2005

Renoir Renoir
Jean Renoir was the son of Auguste, the impressionist painter. His films are some of the best ever made; in many regards he is the French version of Orson Welles.
27th October 2005

Renoir/Renoir
Actually it's a juxtaposition of the Impressionist painter with the movie director of the New Wave movement of the same last name. And don't even get me started on Truffaut.
31st October 2005

Renoir in Switzerland !? Hum... Reminds me something

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb