Seville day 3


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
June 11th 2007
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today I slept in a little bit, and then went for a nice walk along the river with 2 of the people from the hostel. By pure chance from our conversation, I discovered that one of the guys I was with had a mutual friend in Toronto. Also one of my room mates the previous night who went to McGill (yet another Canadian Jew) knew some of the people I had gone to camp with in the past. And again by pure chance, all of the people in my room last night were Canadian Jews. It´s funny how the people who you try to get away from for a while have a tendency to follow 😊 - it is great fun.

After the river we walked to Parque de María Luisa - a beautiful urban park beside the river. After relaxing there for a while, we walked to the Plaza España inside the park - a site of Seville´s world fair from the 1920s. The architecture here is beautiful.

Later, we went to the Cathedral de Sevilla - the largest of all Roman Catholic cathedrals. We climbed up the tower for a perfect view of the entire city, and were frightened when the church bells rang right when we arrived at the top.

Later we returned for a siesta, and then played a drinking game at the hostel. I drank an entire bottle of 2 Euro red wine, which was surprisingly good...after the first 2 glasses. but it did the job. Then we went out to the bar, but everyone was tired so we all left after about 20 minutes.

¡Madrid mañana!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb