My favorite day trip...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Ronda
February 5th 2005
Published: February 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The way up the mountain!The way up the mountain!The way up the mountain!

This is a picture of Raquel, her niece Sasha and her father on the way to Ronda. The diversity of the land I was surprised at-parts where beautiful like in the picture and then other parts were bare (like Alberta prairie).
We did a day trip to a mountain town called Ronda that had been built during the Spainish Civil War and I think Ronda was probably my favorite day trip.

I absolutely loved the town square, as you'll see in the pictures its beautiful. Just the architecture, statues and cafe's in the centre were amazing. I definetly like the concept of town squares-very friendly and a strong sense of community.

Any way, from my pictures you'll see how nice of a town it is. If there was one downfall, it was that they had a McDonald's located next to a historic building that the government converted into a Hotel (the fact that they had a McD's at all was sad)...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Daniel and the Lions DenDaniel and the Lions Den
Daniel and the Lions Den

This is a statue that was in the middle of the town square...they had various statues throughout the town that were amazing.
LOVE THISLOVE THIS
LOVE THIS

This is a park that I had stumbled upon that overlooked a valley-it was absolutely beautiful. They had water fountains all thru the park, birds and Spainards/tourists etc just relaxing on park benches...we need more parks like this in Alberta (along with the nice weather!)


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb