Sometimes it's lovely to do nothing ... in the Sun


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Nerja
August 8th 2010
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Having sworn off 'English' Spain before Alicante, I moved up my acceptance of that part of the world when the girls decided a week of sun and relaxation in a coastal village in Spain was in order. The fact that my friend Jo's parents have an apartment there so it would be a cheap week didn't hurt either. Nerja is a small, still quite traditional fishing village. Yes there is tourism, but it's been saved the highrise hell that seems to dominate the Costa del Sol. It's close enough to Malaga to use the airport, but a world away in feel with villas spread out along the hills, a sweet town centre, a nice beach and lots of places to eat (very, very important).

A lot of the week seemed to be spent on the balcony either reading books or drinking wine or to be fair often a lot of both! Wedding plans got a fair bit of attention as one of my friends got engaged the day before we left, so we got to share the first flush of excitement with her. The supermarket probably got more action than the restaurants (1.35euro for perfectly drinkable wine is hard to beat), but we did squeeze in a couple of trips to the town proper, a day trip to Frigiliana a quaint white village in the hills and a day trip south to Ronda (I'll do that seperate). Nice little break!






Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.412s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 84; dbt: 0.3251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb