Living on the Costa - Part One


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Marbella
January 27th 2011
Published: January 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

January 2011 - Camping Cabopino, Marbella

Mixed in with school and domestics have been some very enjoyable activities shared with fellow campers.

On the evening of 5th we went to Marbella to see the procession of the Three Kings. This date is important to Spanish children as this is when they traditionally receive their Christmas presents. The procession of floats passes through the town, during the journey sweets are thrown to the crowds. We now have enough boiled sweets to last the rest of the trip !

We played a mean petanque competition against our fellow campers with Maxine winning the Cup and Ben the Plate and the Morris family taking home all the prize money ! Ker-ching !

Bill proved his culinary expertise with a BBQ and a Paella Sunday Special on both occasions the obligatory vino tinto flowed in abundance - at a euro a bottle who can complain?

Camping ? who'd want to do that ? BBQ ? January ? Who you kiddin ?

Plenty of opportunities also to watch a spot of footy in the local 'sports bar'.
Sky, bless their cotton socks, even screened Burnley v Scunthorpe specially for Bill - come on Burnley !

Visits to see the Old Town in Malaga and the hill town of Mijas were also very enjoyable days out.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



28th January 2011
Ole!

Ole
Great Picture, Looks like you are having a great time. Cheers Geoff

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb