Another European Vacation


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
June 26th 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning we drove to the neighbouring city of Benidorm to pick up our rental car for our trip to Malaga. We were early for our pick up so walked down to the seaside and enjoyed a coffee. Once we had our rental we took some back roads back to Albir, so Pat did not have to drive on the highway. Once back we loaded our rental car and headed out on our 5 1/2 hour drive to Malaga. It was a hot drive as the temperature was in the 30's the whole way. We stopped in Almería for lunch and a walk to stretch our legs. Then we continued west towards Malaga, passing an area which has the largest concentration of greenhouses in the world covering over 26,000 hectares. Several millions of tons of greenhouse vegetables and fruits are produced here annually. More than half of Europe's vegetables and fruits are grown under the plastic shades, fuelling the local economy by $1.5 billion in annual revenue.

When we arrived in Malaga we found a place in a parkade close to our boutique hotel and made our way there. The hotel is in a great location close to all the main walking streets. We showered and then headed out to look around and have dinner. As we walked we came across a great exhibit of photographs on display in the main plaza. We then had a nice dinner in front of a beautiful old Renaissance cathedral. The cathedral is nicknamed La Manquita ("one-armed lady") because one of its beautiful towers was curiously left unbuilt!



*Today we noticed that we had not published May 27th through to June 1st ( our time in Lisbon ). We have now published them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb