Jerez de la Frontera


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Jerez de la Frontera
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

February 29, 2008

Today Katie, Mary Ellen, Julie, and I went to Jerez de la Frontera. We took the bus there, and we had no idea what we were going to do, but we wanted to go to a Bodega (winery). Once we got there, and found a map, we eventually made our way to Alvaro Domecq, the bodega Mary Ellen read was one of the best.

When we got there we had no idea what we were supposed to do for a tour, so we walked around looking lost. Finally an older man asked us if we were here for a tour; we said yes, and he went to find us some help. Another man told us that the lady that gives tours is gone, but if we wanted, he could give us a brief tour, and we could sample their wine. We started in the dining area, and they let us sample 3 different sweet wines, one white, the other two dark. One of the dark wines was something you would drink with dessert; it tasted like raisins and was soo good! The other two were good, but they didn’t compare to my favorite. The man took us on a small tour of the bodega, and told us about how the wines are made. Then we went back to the dining area, and tried one more wine, a dry wine was surprisingly good, but still, it couldn’t compare!

After our tour of the bodega, we started to start walking around. We visited the Alcazar of Jerez, which was really cool to see, but it definitely doesn’t compare to Sevilla’s. From there we went to see the Cathedral, but it was closed so we could only see the outside. We were going to see the zoo, but it seemed too far away, so we went back to the bus station. Using my amazing Spanish (haha), we were able to change return times for our bus.

When we got back to Sevilla, we got some ice cream; mine was cappuccino, and it was delish! Then we decided to go see what was playing at the movie theater, and we ended up seeing No Country for Old Men. This was a very interesting movie to say the least, and due to all the killings, I probably only saw ¾ of it! But now I can at least say I’ve seen it, especially since it won 4 Oscars! We walked around a little more before calling it a night and heading home. It was a long day, and we were very tired!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb