The Alhambra and Granda


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
January 27th 2015
Published: February 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

My brother is here in Spain also, so planned a trip to Granda and to see the Alhambra. Granda is an easy 2 hours from Mojacar and the highways here are easy and not much traffic, after driving in Germany it's a breeze. How ever what was an easy drive to Granda, quickley turned in to hell as we tried to find our hotel. Weaving our way around the small intercity streets was to say the least a nightmare. On our GPS we could see our final destination, the little checkered flag way waving to us, but we just couldn't make our way there, one street, one little right hand turn was not possible. We tried again and again, finally giving up and parking and walking to the hotel, only to find it is NOT possible to drive there, parking was on a major street we had seen many times in our tour and take a cab. There done! finally.

Lovely hotel, right in the heart where we wanted to be, close to the Alhambra we could see it from our window and it look beautiful. So off and ready to explore old town Granada. The small winding streets were full of stalls selling everything from tacky souvenirs to Moroccan leathers, hats, jackets , scarves, wine skins , what ever you were in seach of , you could find it there.

Then off to find the bus to Alhambra, asked every one if Maxx could go in," oh it's not busy a little dog will be fine" " No problem" they said. So had to take a taxi up as no dogs on the bus, stood in line got our tickets, in throught the entrance gates and................. oh NO Perro ( No dogs). Already paid out tickets and they never said anything there, so one of us has to stay out with Maxx. If we had know we would have left him in the hotel room, so we could all go in. I understand the no dogs but they should have told us when we bought the tickets. Right?

Ok so my brother and I get to visit the Alhambra, I'm sure you don't need my discription you can read it for yourself on Wikipedia, here even give you the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra

Beautiful Morish palaces surrounded by gardens and pathways, overgrowen with wild flowers and grass. You could wander around there for hours, no guilded tour necessary. The ceilings , windows and archways of all the palaces are amazing with all of the inlay detail. You have to admire the architecture of the time, beautiful and so well preserved. Definately worth a visit when you are in Granda, as my picture don't do it justice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb