1000 & 1 Nights in Alhambra, 26/12/2008


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
February 4th 2009
Published: February 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nasrid PalaceNasrid PalaceNasrid Palace

I like this picture because the reflection is very bright
I know it's a cliche, but if you have not seen Alhambra and Albaicin, you haven't seen anything in Granada. So, the second day in Granada in the morning we went to Alhambra, which has three main parts: the fortress Alcazaba, the summer palace Generalife with its gardens, and the Nasrid Royal Palace.
Actually we didn't go in the morning but in the midday, because we had made a reservation via internet (recommended, http://www.alhambra.org) for the afternoon visit.

Tip: Be there at least half an hour before your reservation time, because there is always a queue. For example, if you have planned to go for the afternoon visit (the entrance time is at 14), make sure to be there before 13:30.

Generalife was not anything impressive at this time of the year, I suppose that the best season to admire the gardens is on spring. The best thing to see in the fortress is its view, especially Albaicin, which looks like a small village in the middle of the city.

But I think that the most beautiful part of Alhambra is the Nasrid Royal Palace, full of carvings and patios and arches. It was built by a Moorish king, Yusuf I, and you can see it by its 1000 & 1 nights decoration.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb