The long drive to adventure


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
November 5th 2004
Published: November 5th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Spain is what lies between my life back home and where the adventure begins so its just a quick 2 day drive through and its a good job to. My last trip was pre Euro and Spain has gone Euro crazy with prices to match the UK somewhere there must be an enormous deficit left in the Euro pot after change over as its been the largest wool pulling over eyes exercise I have seen. You could once gaurantee prices half of that in the UK but no more. AS I head down to Gibralter it is obvious where a lot of money from the UK housing boom is going the south coast is litrally one villmage blended into another.

Having arrived in Gilbralter on a Sat afternoon I am surprised to see a hiuge queue of Gilbraltarians waiting there turn in a rather british way to return to there tax haven from a week of work in Spain, it seams this is the norm most days here as the rock is now a target for terrorists.

You do wonder why we bother with the up keep of such a useless colonial outpost I guess now Hong Kongs gone we cant lose complete face anyway the spanish are no better with there Moroccaan tax haven which is where I will be heading next and filling up with Spanish tax free fuel nearly as cheap as water.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb