DAY 11 - Estepona to Granada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada » Loja
April 7th 2015
Published: April 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

TUESDAY 7TH APRIL 2015 - By the time poor Ed and Sally got the ferry across from Morocco it was very late so a sleep in was the order of the day today. This is what Sally reported about yesterday evenings events - we all got to the ferry port and booked on to the ferry for 6 o'clock as we arrived at 1130 and didn't think we would make the 12 o'clock ferry. After going though customs they rushed us through but we got separated at the really cool x ray machine where they x ray whole vehicles. Being the last ones through found that the others were on the ferry but we didn't make it ;( Made for a very long day!! We had to wait in Morocco when the others were in Spain.

This morning they all got to a little place called Loja, half way between Malaga and Granada, and car trouble started for everyone. Sally reported that the front right wheel bearing on the blue merc need adjustment (hammer), they had to sort the top lights (to bright), the fuel gauge wasn't working on the silver merc and the landy mic wire broke! They managed to fix all of that but now Geoff and Tom's clutch is really playing up. After a lot of phone calls and team meetings we are just waiting to hear further news on what they have managed to sort out. Seem to be in good spirits looking at the photos though! I'm pretty sure Geoff is laughing and not howling in despair! Chris had alternator failure at the tolls in Morocco yesterday too but luckily had a spare.

Sally said, "but through it all we're doing it together and we're having a laugh (most of the time lol)"


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb