The hilltop village of Casares


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Casares
May 12th 2017
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.4469, -5.2858

We woke up to the sound off rain, but by the time we finished breakfast it had stopped. We decided to head back up in the hills north of here to the hilltop village of Casares. It clouded over again as we made our way up the windy country road. Actually, all the roads have been very good so far in Spain.

We drove into Casares town area, but the roads kept getting narrower and narrower, so we turned around and parked on the outskirts. We then walked down into town and found a lovely place for coffee. As we finished our coffee it started to rain quite heavily, so we decided to enjoy lunch at the same establishment, but moved inside where it was warmer. We enjoyed a caprese salad and calamari. We love calamari! The rain finally stopped and we ventured out through the town, but we hadn't gone far before the rain started again. We decided to head back up to our vehicle before the rain got worse. Once at our vehicle the sun came out again and stayed out the rest of the day.

In the evening we enjoyed a FaceTime chat with Allison and Patrick. This time next week they will be here with us and we will be in Portugal.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb