More Córdoba


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
June 2nd 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Tried to get away from the main tourist area this morning before it got too hot.

Was heading towards some old Moorish walls, heaps of churches along the way, but it was hard to take photos as they seemed very close up to houses or on narrow streets, it was hard to step back to get all of the building in the frame. Did take a photo of an old Minaret tower, which now has a church next to it. (Minaret of San Juan Square).

Went back to the Plaza Corredera to see if there were any more people than yesterday. Not that many more. Had a look inside one of the buildings that formed part of the plaza, and found a food market, individual, fruit, vegetable and butcher shops one of which had rabbits hung up ready to be skinned.

Finally got to the old Moorish walls, and I have to say I was a bit disappointed as they seem to be used as a carpark.

After a break that coincided with the heat of the day went to see the Malmuerta Tower (near the Jardines de Colón), think it was built in the 15th century, unfortunately it was not something you can go into. Along the way more churchy stuff. Plaza of the Capuchinas. Plaza of the Capuchinos. (No not coffee but some Christian religious order.)

Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/



Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb