Last two weeks to save the world


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
July 14th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well I have two weeks left in Palma. Things have absolutely reached their peak.

An old au pair from two years ago is living with us now and she is actually really cool. I am so glad about that. Her name is Barbara. We go out together now since Katrina has another job and is always tired.

Last week there was a Theatre festival here which was interesting. I didn't see any of the plays but I did see two people dancing on the side of a building while repelling down it. Very interesting. That was last Monday.

Last Wednesday Barbara and I went to our favourite Palma bar, Casino, and had a really funny time. We are officially friends with ALL of the bartenders. Met a lot of interesting Palmeños and ended up going to this other party at 2h30 in the morning. It was in the terrasse of this beautiful hotel here in Palma. It was wonderful. Met more interesting people who all, of course, know Ramón. Ended up getting back home around 6.

This weekend we went to the apartment at the beach. It was weird as usual. Luckily I was not alone this time (Barbara came) and it was more manageable. They always get so stressed when we go there. We got there at midnight on Friday night and the first thing they did was not to go to sleep or even put the kids to bed, it was to mop the terrasse and the kitchen... Seems a bit strange, no?

Last night Barbara and I went to Casino again. Were absolutely the only people there for a while but we just chatted with our friends. Later the Palma tattoo artist and his friend and some people he had just tattooed came in and were being really funny and wouldn't leave us alone. The guy who kept talking to me is a parachuter in the military, interesting. They were funny for a while. The tattoo artist gave me a ride on his motorcycle (with helmet of course) it was really funny. We went all around Palma which has like a million speed bumps so we'd speed up a lot and then have to slow down and speed up and slow down, etc. When we got back the military guy kept showing us his bum because he had just had it tattooed. He also kept telling me that even though he has a girlfriend, I am the most beautiful girl in the world. Welcome to Spain. Our bartender friends found that rather hilarious. Later we migrated towards an outside table with the bartenders and their friends, as there weren't really any customers. That was fun, they don't speak any English so I make a total fool out of myself everytime I speak to them in Spanish but I guess they like it. So we stayed there for a long time and got a ride back home. Ended up getting back around 6 again. We went to the Ros house, everyone else went to go sleep at their parents house. Such is life here in Palma del Rio. Everyone has a girlfriend. Everyone lives with their parents.

That is all for now. It is time for English with Cecilia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb