The only city Napoleon couldn't conquer


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz
February 11th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

One of the excursions in my program is to take weekend trips to neighboring cities.

This was Cádiz, and no you probably won't be able to pronounce it correctly.

The beaches sparkle with a glisten that carries a more blunt silver sheen. Rather than the typical white-sand and clear water combination, it has that subtle vanilla cream sand with the bold, platinum waves.

The most city most south of Spain. Where Halle Berry and Pierce Brosnan filmed that one James Bond movie. I am not going to waste another sentance sounding like a tourist.

During far historical times when French were the conquestors, Cádiz was the only untouchable city that resisted Napoleon's powertrip tantrum on Europe. The constitution by Franco was written there as was the updated version once his reign ended.

It is a political city and the protests and demonstrations never take a break. As we were venturing on our tour, there was a group rallying against the Partido Popular. Some smart ass exclaimed, "It's a rally against American tourism!"

I wish.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb