Barcelona - 6


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz
April 16th 2024
Published: April 16th 2024
Edit Blog Post

April 15



We arrived in Spain this morning to a clear sunny day with a brisk breeze. My plans today are self indulgent, first a long shower , than lunch followed by sunning by the pool, a full body massage and then dinner in the Pinnacle.



The poker gods have been looking after me, sort of. Two days ago I missed the tournament. I overslept. That night I got to the table to late. It was full so I made myself comfortable and watched the Masters golf tournament. Yesterday we only had three show up for the tournament so it was a no go. Last night no one showed up for the cash game. So I headed to the Gallery to watch the Masters. I had the couch to myself right in front of the TV. Little by little my new best friends joined me until six of us circled around. I have no idea how late it was when I went to my room but I watched the play until the end, around one am here. My guy won. I’ve been watching Scottie Scheffler and admire his style of play. Another green jacket for Scottie.



Lots of money saved or lost depending on the cards I would have gotten. Judging by past experience I came out ahead.



My massage was ok, not a good as I get at home for half the price. As always there was a sales pitch at the end. I walked out empty handed. 👍



Our departure was delayed again. Last time it was medical emergencies. This time it was tardy guests. One couple was elderly, he was is a wheel chair and she couldn’t locate her ID or key card but they were escorted on board. The gangway was about to be raised when a couple arrived by taxi and ran through the terminal and just made it. They got a round of boos from some of the guests. They were lucky that’s all that happened.



Glad I checked my dinner reservations or I would have showed up an hour late and a day early. Pays to double check. No cash game again so I listened to the band for awhile then early to bed.



April 16



Abrupt change of plans. Was going into town in Malaga, one of my favorite port cities. Watched the endless lines for the shuttle and the Hop-On- Hop-Off and decided to stay on board for the moment. Standing in the hot sun does not appeal. As far as the Ho Ho, judging by the crowds I know you can get off but getting back on and finding a seat might be a challenge. So I will sit by the pool and read a bit then reconsider.



I can’t seem to stay awake. I woke up at eight and my eyes are closing and it’s eleven. I’m sure there are no kitties on board but my eyes are itching like Casper was on my lap. Thinking it’s the detergent used to launder the bedding.



So I decided to stay on board which was not a disappointment. I snatched a few minutes nap then went to the Lido for lunch, egg salad sandwich potato chips and cheese, took it to a table in the sun at the Seaview Pool. Flagged down a waiter for a chard. He told me I looked lovely today. I thanked him. He brought my drink with a bright smile. I was munching on my chips when he reappeared and asked if I would like anything else. I still had a half a glass of chard. I was so tempted to ask what he had in mind but I didn’t want to scare him half to death. I smiled at said not right now. It’s a dedicated waiter who flirts with an eighty something woman. May he live long and prosper.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb