Not Actually Mexico


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Arcos de la Frontera
August 22nd 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi,
We are in a small town right now called Arcos de la Fronterra. We have been here for several days now; we found a cheap hostel and are using this opportunity to rest. The town is our favorite so far. It is a rural place, and is very hilly. The main town consists of two hills. The hill where the old town is has a cliff, and on the edge of the cliff there is a cathedral and several other buildings from the same era (13th century, give or take a hundred years). From the cliff you can see much farther than is ever possible in Los Angeles. There are orange trees and a river below, and hills in the distance. All of the houses are white, and Arcos is one of a string of cities known as the ´white cities´for this reason. It is very hot here (though not as hot as Sevilla). While we were walking through the old city we found a convent where there is a revolving door with one-way glass that the nuns can look out of. When you ring the bell they spin the door and it comes out with cookies that you can buy. That was probably one of the most unique things we have found thus far. The past couple days we have been working on planning (yes--we are actually trying to plan) what city to go to next, and where we will be when we depart for Ibiza.
Also, our Spanish might actually be improving. Though we could just be imagining it.

C


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The tacos here are deliciousThe tacos here are delicious
The tacos here are delicious

..and homemade (1 piece cheese, 1 piece bread, wrap with slice of meat)


22nd August 2008

One question: What kind of cookies do nuns make?
23rd August 2008

delicious ones
23rd August 2008

Jason, hasn't anyone ever told you to wear a shirt while you eat tacos? Hmmm. Maybe not. I miss you!! Looks like the trip has been awesome so far. Keep tearing it up, guys.
24th August 2008

eating tacos can get pretty messy...
I've never eaten a taco before myself, but so I hear it can get pretty messy. I've seen it done in a couple of movies and the guy never has a shirt on...
25th August 2008

topless tacos
well, as long as you guys are emulating what happens in movies, you should be good.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb