Small Country: Big Adventure - Slovenia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
October 2nd 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We’ve gabbled to many about assault on Mt Triglav, the highest mountain in Slovenia. Here are pictures to prove it. What a trip. The summit is 2864m, and we’ll be honest - we only made it to 2500m to the Triglavski Dom (Dom means hut). It was a hard slog, and being Oz, we were not accustomed to the icy conditions, and thought better of being the first Aussies to perish at the summit. The views were sensational, and the Triglavski Dom wins the ‘best coffee’ category (there is some element of ‘relief’ here), and as I’ve mentioned, comes runner-up in the best sausage (Kransky sub-group). How do they do it? The walk down Mt Triglav (we came down a different way through the seven-lake valley) was equally spectacular although very long. 7am start and 7pm finish.

Also in Slovenia we spent an enjoyable day or so in Ljubljana, some time in Bled - another postcard destination, crossed the border into Italy and back, went to the Skojcan caves (spectacular caverns - no photos I’m afraid) and along the way sampled many cakes, pizzas, and ‘bureks’ (flaky/puff pastry filled with cheese, meat, and other low-fat products).



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb