Seeing Slovenia the right way: from a bicycle


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 30th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I just got home from the most amazing experience that I have ever had. I took a VBT bike trip to Slovenia. First of all, Slovenia is a hidden gem of Europe. To be honest, i knew nothing about it before we chose this trip. But now, not only do i know where it is, but i know how much it has to offer! The capital, Ljubljana, has one of the greatest atmospheres of any city in Europe. It has a very, local, down to earth feel, that makes you want to stay for weeks and discover everything about the city. The country side is just as exciting as the city, it has long roaming fields leading to either a lake or mountains, which both will take your breath away. For example, Logarska Valley in Stajerska has fields of rich green vegetation, which all of a sudden, turns to a rock face leading up to a massive mountain top or ridge. All of this was made so much more special from the seat of a bicycle. You get the satisfaction of riding there yourself (since there is van support, the riding can be as easy or as hard as you want), and you are not going so fast as a car or train to miss all the sights and small wonders of the country side.
But a thanks to VBT, a bike touring company located out of vermont, for showing us all of these special places. Not only was the trip perfectly planned, but the leaders took us to all the must-sees of the county. It was truly an amazing experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb