European Tour Sep 08


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
September 15th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tourist Farm PerkTourist Farm PerkTourist Farm Perk

Early morning view of the farm, with Maktkov Kot in background
Logarska Dolina - T K Perk

Well the morning dawned and it was raining. We managed to have breakfast, check water levels and leave Graswang by 0855, so not a bad effort.
The journey today took us via Bad Tolz, Salzburg, Villach, Klagenfurt and then into the mountains to get to Logarska Dolina in Slovenia.
For once the journey was relatively un-eventful. We checked the water twice and on neither occasion did I need to fill her up, so this water business is very confusing.
Before entering Austria I plucked up the courage to ask for a Vignette Oustriche, which allowed us to drive on the Austrian motorways.
We entered Slovenia via a little used pass from Bad Eissenchappel, and there was snow, well enough to make the smallest snowman possible. After taking the obligatory pictures of the border crossing, we inched our way down the pass towards Matkov Kot and the Tourist Farm Perk.
We are staying in a relatively new building, the rooms are comfortable and warm (it is about 4°C outside). There are one other couple staying here, with a baby 9 month old, all the way from Shrewsbury. Gabriella (the baby) was actually born in Pembury Hospital, amazing that we have travelled so far and then to meet people from our own neck of the woods.
After the exertions of the day, and a very substantial meal, we have retired early to bed, with a small dram as a night cap.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb