Ljubljana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
April 1st 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

river river river

the river in ljubijana
Caught the train from Budapest which arrive in Ljubljana at 2 in the morning.. Like the city the train station was fairly small and it was hard to tell if the train sation was the main one or not after askin someone else they told me it was the main one.. after gettin off the train i worked out how to get from the trainstation to the hostel then wondered in that direction. eventually i found it only to find out it was fully booked. so i left ,without there suggestion of stayin in the hotel down the road for 50 euros, to go find another one i found eventually after walkin past several drunk skinhead metal heads and other randoms i found the hostel i marked on me map...luckily the city is small which made it alot easier to find the hostel.. after checkin in i went to sleep to the sound of some loud snorers.
Next day did the same as i usually do walked around seein the sights afer a about 4 hours id seen priddy much everythin and went back to the hostel.. met a german girl who was in ljubijana for some uni seminar. i ended
view from castleview from castleview from castle

view of city from the castle
up goin out with her to a few bars with about 6 other people that were also in ljubijana for the same course siminar...i was the only "non participent" anyway we had a few slovenians (also in the course) take us around to a few bars and get us dunk.. one particular area they took us to was metaloska an area with a few bars in it where the punk, heavy metal people go in was somthin different and worth goin to and havin a few beers in the area.. i was close to this area the night before after goin to the first hostel hence the reason i saw alot of punks and stuff around...
the next day i had a bit more of a look around and ate some of the local food... a horse burger, which was priddy nice although it was so big i couldnt eat it all.. other then that my main diet in ljubijana consisted of pizza and Burekswhich are pastry filled with meat or chease or potatoe or a variety of other stuff..
that night was a quiet one just sat around chattin to some people from the hostel..
the next day i
view of castleview of castleview of castle

view of the castle
caught the bus to Zagreb


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb