Ljubljana


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
June 4th 2011
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Baroque buildings, riverside cafes, and delicous (Italian!) food. Ljubljana is the capital of Slovenia and, according to Greek legend, where Jason and the Argonauts dismantled their boat while trying to find their way back to Greece. Slovenia considers itself to be the heart of Europe and the point where the four European ethnic groups meet (Slavic, Latin, Germanic, and Urgo-Finnish). Ljubljana has a castle that you can walk or funicular your way up to, lots of nice little shops, a local farmers market, many bridges, and a milk vending machine where you can fill up your milk bottles any time of day or night! I also went to Lake Bled for the day, just over an hour from Ljubljana. It's beautiful to walk around, with a castle towering over one end and a little island in the middle that you can row across to. I tried to find an apiary on route which has bee hives decorated like a little town (post office, church, school etc) that I'd heard about from a girl in Sarajevo. Apparently it's not very well known so I ended up at the Museum of Apiculture, a bee museum in Radovljica.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb