WHO is visiting?


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
October 22nd 2008
Published: October 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

well yesterday i was wondering the city aimlessly as is my habit..when my path was suddenly obstucted by a large gathering crowd outside the front of the Grand Hotel..but they werent alone..there was a maze of steel barricades and yes 11 unmarked police cars, 2 marked police cars, 3 police moterbikes and a fleet of unmarked vans that looked suspeciously CIA-like with dark tinted windows and shiny exteriors, these vehicles were of course accompanied by their appropiate drivers and lots of them at that..what the hell was going on? were Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in town? what was with the over kill in security?.. i asked a kindly stall owner..and yes someone very important was in town..but not so much CIA as MI5 and not so much Hollywood Royalty as British Royalty..yes..the Queen is in town..Her Maj..what a shock i got..our queen..here..in Ljubliana?!
the weirdest thing about it is that when i went up to the castle today i was one of the only tourists (something which i love about this city) but i kept seeing all these lone men wondering the grounds dressed in ill-fitting suits..MI5?..no sunglasses or ear piece..but im pretty certain that was them, considering her Maj was due to make a trip up to the Castle this arvo some time..the Police were out in force as well, i mean i passed 2 pairs of Mounted police, 2 squads with dogs and 3 without and that was just in the tiny Castle grounds..
well they are certainly keeping any would be terroists at bay..but then who has ever heard of a Slovenian terroist?..


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb