Gremo...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The most common phrase running through my head the past couple of days has been, "I am so blessed!" How could I not think this when travelling beneath the most stunning mountain views in the very northern most corner of Slovenia, when traveling along hillside after hillside of gorgeous wine country, and when randomly meeting some of my favorite old friends here in Ljubljana who I otherwise had no way of contacting??

Needless to say the past few days have been wonderful. The high point came yesterday evening, driving through narrow, winding roads (aren't they all in Europe?), tiny little red-roofed villages, surrounded by the hillside after hillside of ancient vineyard in the hidden valley of Brda, near the Slovenia-Italian border. As my companion Iva stated, I really don't know why people dream and desire so much of going to Italy. Slovenia holds within it's borders all the glories of Italy and more... and the best part, it's not even close to being overrun by tourists!

Nothing much more to say... enjoy the photo's! Hope everyone back home is well and good!

M.







Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb