Ljubjim Te...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
January 31st 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Zivijo!

Today, I decided to go out into Ljubljana to "rediscover" my love for the city after being so entrenched in exams and then my little "oops" of a trip to London. And I found it wasn't so hard to do.

I must say, Ljubljana is so charming that it is impossible not to fall in love with. The traffic-quiet streets that let you hear your own footsteps on ancient cobblestone roads. Cafe's filled with laid-back locals enjoying an afternoon "Bela Kava". A charming town square in which walkers, joggers, bikers, buses, and taxi's all cohabitate peacefully and strangely without accident. A quiet riverside walkway, lined with large pieces of local art and covered by a willow tree canopy. It's a city that, while very modern (and has perhaps gone a bit overboard with marketing side of capitalism) still maintains that "old European spirit" that is sought by both travellers and locals alike. It really is no wonder Slovenia is the only country to boast the world "LOVE" in its name.

Well, that's all for tonight. Hope you enjoy my pictures from the day, and that you all get to visit this beautiful little place (and me!) someday soon!

Love you all,

Mel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Igor!!Igor!!
Igor!!

My crazy and wonderful Slovenian Swing teacher!
Hono in Jalla JallaHono in Jalla Jalla
Hono in Jalla Jalla

A sweet little funky bar in Metelkova
MeMe
Me

In Jalla Jalla also


Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb