Spectacular Slovenia!


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
May 14th 2015
Published: May 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 14 May:

Today I learned that Italian coffee is as weak as dishwater compared to Slovenian coffee! Bled cream cakes are nice, but perhaps a bit over-rated by the locals. I also learned that Slovenia has some extraordinary natural beauty to rival that of NZ’s.

And last night I learned that Heather can scare a grown man in Croatia, but not a bunch of 11 year old Germans in Slovenia!

The hostel owner, Mr Rado, dropped us off at the entrance to the Vintgar Gorge. We walked through and then at the other end it was a walk up and through a forest to a high point and then down a steep road back to Bled, and eventually our hostel. Mr Rado really is lovely. He also did our laundry (wash, dried, delivered) for the measly sum of €7 and when he learned we were going to Ljubljana tomorrow he offered to take us there too. I was going to take a taxi (about €40) as the wet weather which we got a taste of this afternoon is forecast to set in.

Anyway, enough from me, as with yesterday, the photos can do most of the talking. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb